Oklahoma State football: Q&A with linebacker Alex Elkins
Oklahoma State linebacker Alex Elkins sat down with The Oklahoman after the Cowboys' 41-34 loss to Baylor:
What was behind the defensive struggles throughout the game?
“We gave up big plays because we were not in the right positions. Whenever you make mental errors like that, and they capitalize, that is what is going to happen.”
What's the mood now after losing back-to-back games?
“It is another game and it is over for me. I feel just like any week. I have got to get ready for the next opponent.”
Why has this team had trouble winning on the road?
“The Big 12 has so much competition that anything could happen any week. You saw Baylor knock off No. 1 (Kansas State). It is really a week-to-week basis and you cannot look at it any different than that. They got the best of us this week. That is just the game we play.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash