Oklahoma State football: QB commit Luke Del Rio, Elite 11 Finals on ESPN
The Elite 11 is generally regarded as the highest honor for a high school quarterback.
Oklahoma State quarterback commit Luke Del Rio will be featured in Part 1 of the ESPN special on the Elite 11 Finals that airs at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Del Rio, the son of Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, was named an Elite 11 Quarterback during the intensive camp in Redondo Beach, Calif., last month. The finals featured 25 quarterbacks, and being named one of the Elite 11 is generally regarded as the highest honor for a high school signal-caller.
Del Rio, who is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals, will play for Valor Christian in Highlands Ranch, Colo. this season after moving from Jacksonville, Fla. after his father was fired as the head coach of the Jaguars.
Part 2 of the TV special will air Aug. 14 at 6 p.m. on ESPN.
FRESHMAN DE IROKANSI IMPRESSING
With four fall camp practices completed, freshman defensive end Victor Irokansi has already been singled out by Cowboy defensive coordinator Bill Young as a player who is “really, really showing up.”
“He's just so quick off the football,” Young said in a practice report released by OSU Monday morning. “The strength coaches say nobody outworked him during the summer program, and that's carried right over to the field.”
Irokansi, a 6-foot-3, 240-pound prospect from Pflugerville, Texas, is one of four defensive ends the Cowboys signed in the 2012 recruiting class. Trace Clark, Eric Davis and Emmanuel Ogbah are the others.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in