Oklahoma State football: QB commit Luke Del Rio, Elite 11 Finals on ESPN
The Elite 11 is generally regarded as the highest honor for a high school quarterback.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cooper Bassett, Ryan Robinson and Jimmy Bean are returners at end, while Nigel Nicholas was moved to the position from tackle and Tyler Johnson was moved there from linebacker.
WALK-ON TO WATCH: RECEIVER JOHN GOODLETT
Walk-on inside receiver John Goodlett gave the Cowboys a much-needed additional player at the position during spring practice while they waited for five incoming freshman receivers to arrive on campus.
And it appears Goodlett, a junior who transferred from Indiana State, could even break the rotation this fall.
“We're playing so many freshmen at the wideout spot right now, probably at least eight of them out there that roll in with the ones and twos, and he's in that group,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said Saturday. “He's getting better.
“He's got some quickness, and his work habits are good, and he's shown signs of being willing to block. Hopefully, he'll give us another guy that we can use in a first-team situation to give a guy a breather.”
Goodlett, who played high school football at Owasso, started his college career at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M Junior College in 2010 before transferring to Indiana State. He tallied 11 catches for 130 yards last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims