Oklahoma State football: Receivers sure-handed in first scrimmage
Out of 51 passes thrown, none were dropped during Saturday's scrimmage. But Monday's practice was another story.
After reviewing the film from Saturday's scrimmage, OSU coach Mike Gundy still came to one overall conclusion — that the Cowboy offense outplayed the defense.
Videoview all videos
Aug 13Mike Sherman and John Helsley talk about this years rise...
Aug 13Mike Sherman and Gina Mizell talk about the mystery of...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But one impressive part of that offensive performance that initially got overlooked by coaches? The OSU receivers did not drop any of the 51 passes thrown.
“I don't know that I've ever been around that,” Gundy said in a Monday post-practice report released by the school, “so we're catching the ball effectively.”
It was a different story on Monday, though, as Gundy said the Cowboys dropped several balls during practice.
OSU returns Tracy Moore, Isaiah Anderson, Josh Stewart and Charlie Moore at receiver in 2012 but will also rely on a group of newcomers, including Blake Jackson, Torrance Carr, David Glidden, C.J. Curry and Blake Webb.
QUINN SHARP AIMS TO IMPROVE POOCH PUNTING
Gundy called Quinn Sharp the best special teams player in the country during his Oklahoma City Caravan stop last week. But Gundy noted the Cowboy kicker/punter needed to improve in one area.
“I know you guys are sitting there and going … ‘Why'd he kick it out of the end zone and put them on the 20? Why didn't you down it inside the 10?'” Gundy told the crowd. “That's the goal.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated