Oklahoma State football: Receivers sure-handed in first scrimmage
Out of 51 passes thrown, none were dropped during Saturday's scrimmage. But Monday's practice was another story.
Videoview all videos
Aug 13Mike Sherman and John Helsley talk about this years rise...
Aug 13Mike Sherman and Gina Mizell talk about the mystery of...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sharp's 46.3 yards per punt average last season ranked third in the nation. But he tallied eight touchbacks, up from the four he had in both 2010 and 2009. He also downed 12 punts inside the 20, the lowest total of his career.
ALWAYS A PLACE FOR FULLBACKS IN OSU OFFENSE
With Kye Staley and David Paulsen both seniors in 2012, a fan during Gundy's Oklahoma City Caravan last week asked about the future of the fullback in the Cowboy offense.
Gundy assured that there will always be a place for the fullback, especially in the three-back “diamond” formation. That set allows the Cowboys to throw and run from sideline to sideline, with the fullback playing a crucial blocking role.
“We look for guys like Kye Staley, like Paulsen, like Bryant Ward that we can get in our program one way or another,” Gundy said. “We've been very fortunate to have some guys walk on, and then if they do good and they're taking care of themselves academically, we can put them on scholarship.”
OSU appears to be set at fullback after Staley and Paulsen depart. The Cowboys signed Dominic Ramacher in February, while backup Teddy Johnson is just a sophomore.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments