Oklahoma State football recruiting: CJ Curry's long drive from Georgia to Stillwater lands him 'where I want to be'
CJ Curry's commitment switch from Georgia to Oklahoma State gives the Cowboys another potential replacement for Justin Blackmon
The headline on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution blog post screamed the news:
“Shocker! Longtime UGA WR recruit CJ Curry switches to Oklahoma State.”
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Jenni Carlson and Mike Baldwin talk about Wichita...
Feb 1Jenni Carlson and Ryan Aber talk about James Flanders, a...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Curry had been Georgia's first commitment in the class of 2012, but in an abrupt and unexpected spin, switched to the Cowboys in August. And he's remained committed ever since, giving OSU another potential long-term replacement for two-time Biletnikoff Award winner Justin Blackmon.
At 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds, Curry gives the Cowboys a big target with a reputation for using his strong hands to make catches in traffic.
After a long drive to and from Stillwater in June for an unofficial visit, Curry felt OSU tugging at him, despite his pledge and proximity to the Bulldogs, who play just some 45 miles down the road from Flowery Branch High, where Curry starred.
Curry sat on his decision for six weeks, under the advisement of his father Felix, but eventually made the call to switch. He's the latest find from Georgia, where Cowboys co-defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer is mining his roots.
“He said, ‘Dad, in my gut, Oklahoma State is where I want to be,'” Felix Curry told the Journal-Constitution.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister