Oklahoma State football recruiting: Cowboys in the mix for top WR Laquon Treadwell
Judging by his Twitter response, Crete-Monee (Ill.) receiver Laquon Treadwell was excited at the prospect of having an Oklahoma State coach in the stands for his game Friday night.
“Oklahoma State will be at the game this Friday #COWBOYS!!!,” he tweeted early in the week.
Treadwell, rated as the No. 1 senior receiver prospect in the country, had a pair of touchdown catches (10 and 46 yards) and threw a 61-yard TD in Crete-Monee's 37-6 win over Kankakee to improve to 5-0 on the year.
As of now, OSU is one of three programs on Treadwell's list of official visits.
“I will be taking official visits to Ole Miss, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State,” Treadwell told the Chicago Sun-Times last week. “I am just not sure when yet.
“The others that I am considering are Florida, LSU, Michigan State and Illinois.”
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound receiver recently made an unofficial visit to Michigan and tweeted last week that he has been in contact with Texas as well.
GUNDY WATCHES BROKEN ARROW WITHOUT THOMAS
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes