Oklahoma State football recruiting: John Tyler's Fred Ross catches two TD passes
Oklahoma State commit Fred Ross had a relatively uneventful Friday night, but it wasn't an unproductive one. He caught two passes, but both went for touchdowns.
Videoview all videos
Sep 2Highlights and interviews from the blowout in Stillwater....
Sep 2Gina Mizell and Jenni Carlson talk about the debut of...
Photoview all 43 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma State commitment list
Oklahoma State currently has 15 non-binding verbal commitments from players in the 2013 recruiting class:
Wylie, Texas (East Wylie)
Flowery Branch, Ga.
Luke Del Rio
Denver (Valor Christian)
St. Louis, Mo. (Mary Institute Country Day)
Houston, Texas (Alief Taylor)
Tyler, Texas (John Tyler)
170, Dallas (Skyline)
Cibolo, Texas (Steele)
San Antonio (James Madison)
BUSY SATURDAY FOR EVERYONE
A couple of the Cowboys' most prized commitments were unable to follow their future team's season opener Saturday night, busy with games of their own.
Quarterback commit Luke Del Rio, whose budding relationship with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been big news of late, was scheduled to play his second game of the season. His Valor Christian squad from Denver was scheduled to take on Bingham High, located just outside Salt Lake City.
Valor had its 25-game win streak snapped in a 14-13 loss to Mullen, Colo., last week, when Del Rio threw for 168 yards with one TD and one pick.
Receiver Ra'Shaad Samples of Dallas Skyline, which is regarded by multiple national websites as one of the top teams in the country, was set to take on The Woodlands at FC Dallas Stadium.
Samples, a 6-foot, 170-pound four-star recruit, will be catching passes this year from QB Devante Kinkade, who is committed to Ole Miss.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims