Oklahoma State football recruiting notebook: What's the backup plan if Luke Del Rio goes elsewhere?
Oklahoma State quarterback commit Luke Del Rio says he's still solid with the Cowboys, but is also taking visits, including a recent trip to Oregon State.
Offensive lineman Jesse Robinson, 6-foot-6, 275 pounds, of L.D. Bell High School in Hurst, Texas, is the latest addition.
And while it's nothing new to see the Cowboys hone in on Texas recruits, it's unusual to see so little interest in Oklahoma players.
According to Rivals.com, the Cowboys don't have any offers out to uncommitted in-state players.
FOUR COWBOYS ON LATEST ESPN 300
Wide receiver who have committed to OSU had a significant presence on the latest ESPN 300 prospect rankings released this week
Fred Ross of Tyler, Texas, led the list at No. 176, while Ra'Shaad Samples of Dallas Skyline was No. 197, and Marcell Ateman of Wylie, Texas, at No. 247.
Also on the list was defensive tackle commit Vincent Taylor of San Antonio was No. 273.
The top-rated receiver on the list, Crete-Monee (Ill.) senior Laquon Treadwell, remains one of OSU's top targets. He is No. 20 on ESPN's overall list.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley