Oklahoma State football: Three questions with Clint Chelf
Clint Chelf was thrust into emergency duty Saturday night when starting quarterback Wes Lunt left the Cowboys' 44-30 loss to Kansas State with an undisclosed injury.
Videoview all videos
Nov 4Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell talk about the loss for the...
Nov 4Another QB injury and five turnovers lead to a KSU win...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Chelf talked about getting his most meaningful game experience on the road against No. 2 Kansas State.
What was going through your mind when you were told to start warming up?
“Go win the game. Our whole job is to stay ready. We've had a lot of injuries this year, and you've just got to be ready to go play. When they told me to warm up, some of the guys came over and told me that they had confidence in me and they were ready to go. So I said, ‘Let's go do it.'”
How'd you feel taking that first snap?
“Good. It felt good throwing the ball, getting the completion. I felt fine.”
How did your approach in practice — and preparing like you were the starting quarterback — help you in this situation?
“I think it helped a lot. That, and I've been in a couple games where you had to make plays and make throws. It might have been a bad score or something, but I had to go in and throw the ball. With reps and the guys around you, you feel comfortable.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins