Oklahoma State football: Top storylines for the Heart of Dallas Bowl
Here is a look at the top storylines heading into the Heart of Dallas Bowl:
* Coaching carousel: Both schools have been involved so far, with Purdue hiring former Kent State coach Darrell Hazell last week and OSU coach Mike Gundy interviewing with Tennessee and Arkansas. Purdue assistant Patrick Higgins, not Hazell, will coach the Boilermakers in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. The biggest thing to watch on the Cowboys' side now is if Todd Monken is still the offensive coordinator, or if he's taken a head coaching job.
NewsOK Related Articles
* How OSU fans travel: The Cowboy faithful is known for traveling extremely well to bowl sites. But is the Heart of Dallas Bowl, especially on New Year's morning after a men's basketball clash with No. 10 Gonzaga, an attractive enough draw? Or does the proximity to Dallas make it an easy trip?
* Atmosphere around Cotton Bowl: Sure, the festivities won't measure up to the buzz surrounding the OU-Texas game during the Texas State Fair. But Heart of Dallas, a new nonprofit organization that uses sports and entertainment events as a platform for charity fundraising, has a goal of bringing fans a first-class bowl experience. We'll see if it delivers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad