Oklahoma State football: Wes Lunt's effectiveness caught even his prime target by surprise
Isaiah Anderson caught the first two passes of Wes Lunt's career on OSU's first two offensive plays.
Isaiah Anderson turned out to be the favorite target for Wes Lunt in the season opener.
The senior wide receiver caught the first two passes of Lunt's career on OSU's first two offensive plays. Then he hauled in a 42-yarder, which helped set up the touchdown that it 21-0 midway through the first quarter.
Videoview all videos
Sep 2Highlights and interviews from the blowout in Stillwater....
Sep 2Gina Mizell and Jenni Carlson talk about the debut of...
Photoview all 43 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Anderson talked about Lunt's performance, his need to step up in the absence of Tracy Moore and what the Cowboys got out of Saturday's convincing 84-0 victory.
Q: With Tracy Moore suspended, did you feel you needed to step up in this game?
A: “I felt like I put a little more weight on my shoulders (Saturday night), but I knew I could handle it. We're happy to get (Moore) back whenever he comes back, hopefully next week. We have other receivers that can step up and make plays, and I think we showed that tonight.”
Q: Lunt was 11-of-11 passing. How would you assess his performance?
A: “I didn't actually know he was 11-for-11. I didn't know he threw that many passes. It was good to know he can put the ball out there. We tried to help him out as much as we could out there on the edge. We're looking forward to him progressing throughout the season.”
Q: What do you feel like you got out of this game to help you prepare to face Arizona next week?
A: “I feel like we kind of exposed some of the kinks that we may have to work out this week in preparation for that game. We have to expand the game plan a little bit, but it's nothing we haven't done before.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater