Oklahoma State football: What they're saying about the Cowboys win over Iowa State
Here is a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma State's 31-10 win over Iowa State:
* OSU coach Mike Gundy on the offense: “We felt like we needed to throw the ball in order to move it. They've been as good as anybody in the league at stopping the run.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 20Highlights from Mike Gundy's 63rd win as Oklahoma State's...
Oct 20Berry Tramel and Gina Mizell talk about the dominating...
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* OSU safety Daytawion Lowe on his interception: “It feels great. (Turnovers were) coming last year, and now we ain't seen too many of them. We've got to keep on rolling now. Now we've got some, they'll keep on coming.”
* ISU coach Paul Rhoads on the defense: “At 24 points in the fourth quarter, I thought our defense was playing all right. The final stats sheet reads 600-plus yards, but it's a team that averages 601. They throw it, they run it and they've got great players to do that. They average 48 points, and on a perfect weather condition day we held them to 31 points.”
* OSU running back Joseph Randle on revenge for last season's ISU game: “I try to block that game out, to be honest. I thought about it a couple times when we were watching tape and preparing. You see that game, and you just cringe a little bit thinking about it. But we owed them one.”
* OSU defensive coordinator Bill Young on this defense's potential: “I've said and will continue to say we need to cause more turnovers. When we give our offense the football with a short field, good things happen, and that showed today.”
* ISU running back Jeff Woody on the loss: “It's frustrating, but we're so close to firing on all cylinders. ... It's we're just a hair short on execution, a hair short on play-calling and a hair short on everything we're doing.”