Oklahoma State football: Who will start at quarterback next season?
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports.
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. Read the entire chat recap here.
OSU's starting QB next year?
The million dollar question!
My head says Chelf, but my gut says Lunt. I guess I'll go with my gut. Ultimately, I suspect the promise of Lunt will win out. Plus, I suspect the coaches will worry that Lunt might transfer if he isn't the starter. And that would put them behind the eight ball.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelf is the guy instead. He has just plugged away. Don't see that changing. Consistency is something that could end up being really appealing to the coaches.
Is the Big 12 seeking a title game? What do you think the coaches think about that, specifically Gundy and Stoops?
First of all, I'm not surprised that the Big 12 wants a football championship game. Those things are a total cash cow. The networks pay handsomely for the broadcast rights. The only surprise is that the Big 12 didn't push for an exemption to get a title game earlier.
As for what the coaches will think, I don't pretend to have any great insight into their thinking. But I believe Bob Stoops has said in the past that he doesn't mind a title game as long as other conferences have them. Most conferences do now.
What do you think of Osby's chances of playing in the NBA?
I'd say slim. He strikes me as a guy who would go to the D-League first. Who knows? He might work on his game and develop into a guy who an NBA team would pick up.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals