Oklahoma State football: Who will start at quarterback next season?
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports.
What's your prediction about how the OKC Thunder fan base will handle the transition when this great ride near the pinnacle of the NBA is over?
No doubt the cycle will turn downward at some point. It happens everywhere.
But I do think that the Thunder has a franchise model that is akin to the Spurs. They might not be a title contender every year, but they are set up to be a playoff team every year. That keeps people in San Antonio very, very happy.
I could see that being the case in OKC. The Thunder contends every now and then but gets to the playoffs almost all the time. But even if that doesn't happen, people here seem very invested in the team. They won't stomach a bottom-of-the-standings team for years, but I don't see them straying much if there's a year or two that's not great.
What are your thoughts on Tom Wort's chances of making it in the NFL? Will he even be drafted?
Seems unlikely to me that he'll be drafted. Frankly, I'm not even sure he'll be signed as an undrafted free agent.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think he's big enough or fast enough to play in the NFL. It strikes me that he might be a guy who has a long career in the Canadian Football League. I'm not trying to be mean, but I just don't see him as an NFL-caliber guy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort