Oklahoma State loses to Iowa State
Kendra Suttles scores 26 points to lead Cowgirls
AMES, Iowa – Kendra Suttles scored a game-high 26 points, but Iowa State rallied from 13 down in the second half to defeat Oklahoma State 73-70 in front of 10,661 fans inside Hilton Coliseum.
The Cowgirls (20-9, 9-9 Big 12) were ahead most of the first half and led 38-30 at halftime. Brittney Martin scored 14 of her 20 points in the first 20 minutes.
Oklahoma State extended its lead in the second half, but the Cyclones (21-7, 12-6) chipped away and tied it at 63 with four minutes remaining, then outscored the Cowgirls 10-7 to finish the game.
Suttles finished with a game-high 26 points, while Martin added a game-high 11 rebounds. Hallie Christofferson scored 21 points to lead Iowa State.
The Cowgirls will be back in action this weekend at the Big 12 Championship in Dallas.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M