Oklahoma State men's basketball: Defensive stopper Brian Williams eyes return within next week
Once deemed out for the season, Williams has rejoined practices. He is only a final doctor's clearance away from playing in a game.
“They say it's healing great, I've just got to get back comfortable with it,” said Williams, who has been fitted with a brace. “I practiced for the first time (Wednesday). It got hit a couple times. I had to walk it off; then I got back in. But it's better than I thought.”
Cowboys coach Travis Ford said he won't rush Williams or his own expectations of a return.
“Who knows when he's going to be playing?” Ford said Thursday. “It's just a process we're going through. If he says he's ready to go, we might give him a shot. Right now, it's day-to-day.”
And right now, Ford said, Williams needs work.
“He's out there. He's running around,” Ford said. “But as you might expect, very hesitant. He's got a little ways to go to get ready, I think, to contribute as much as I hope he can contribute.
“But it's nothing unexpected. It's nothing out of the ordinary. It's fine, just all the normal things you'd think a man would have to go through who's been out for three months.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims