“Behind those backboards is such an effect,” Ford said. “It's an effect on our team. That's what you see. That's what you feel.
“I came out Sunday and went, ‘Wait, we have to do something about this.'”
Will it be done again in advance of Saturday's game?
“We know our students aren't going to be here. That's obvious,” Ford said. “It's not like we hope they're going to show up. They're not here.
“Hopefully, we'll do it again on Saturday.”
* UTA's 31 turnovers are the most by an OSU opponent since Prairie View A&M committed 36 against the Cowboys in 2007. It also ties for the sixth-most by an OSU opponent since the statistic started being kept in 1973-74. It marks just the 11th time in school history that the Cowboys have forced 30 or more turnovers.
* Markel Brown tied James Anderson for the most blocks ever by a Cowboy guard in a career with 60; he also recorded a career-high five steals.
* For the third-straight game, Michael Cobbins grabbed eight rebounds, matching his season high.
* Jurick recorded double-figure rebounds for the second time this season and the sixth time in his OSU career. His eight offensive boards are the most by a Cowboy since Darrell Williams had eight against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Nov. 17, 2010.
* Kirby Gardner scored a career-high seven points.
By John Helsley