Cowboys Get Back To Jammin'
Teams have clearly done their scouting on OSU, playing prepared for the alley-oop dunks that served as the main highlights of last season. Teams have limited such opportunities for dunks and turned several away when the Cowboys have dared to toss passes toward the rim.
That changed against Central Arkansas, an aggressive run-and-gun team that left openings for the Cowboys to attack the rim — which they did, for a variety of dunks, totaling seven in all, including a lob or two.
“It's been a couple games,” said Markel Brown, who had two dunks, both highlight worthy. “We got the momentum on our side. We trotted it out again and it worked. We built off it as a team. I think we went on a couple runs after that and it helped us out a lot.”
* OSU recorded 50 rebounds for the first time since grabbing 51 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff last season.
* The Cowboys' 19 assists matched a season high, equaling the 19 dished out against Portland State.
* The Cowboys scored 44 points in the paint against Central Arkansas, a season high.
* OSU's 28-point margin of victory over the Bears is the largest of the season.
* For the eighth time this season (all wins), OSU held its opponent to 65 or fewer points.