Oklahoma State men's basketball notebook: Slow week ahead for Cowboys
Semester finals will force OSU to cut back on practice schedule. Cowboys get Sunday and Monday off. “I don't like this week,” coach Travis Ford said. “It's a tough week mentally for the guys, and us as well.”
Photoview all 14 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Cowboys have proved to be a streaky shooting team, particularly from the perimeter.
Overall, they're shooting just 29.3 percent from beyond the arc, making just 43 of 147 of their 3-point attempts. OSU made but 4 of 23 shots from long range in Saturday's 62-42 win over Missouri State.
Are the Cowboys firing too many 3s?
“Nope. Not at all,” Ford said. “Somebody mentioned that to me, I don't remember who it was, maybe my wife. But no, I don't. In practice we're making them. And we have the ability to get hot.
“Markel can make 3s. Marcus (Smart) can really shoot it. These guys really shot the ball well this summer. I think we can get there. Phil Forte is going to make shots.
“My philosophy, if you're open, shoot it.”
By John Helsley
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort