Oklahoma State prepares for Texas A&M's blitz
OSU football notebook: "They blitz a lot," said OSU coach Mike Gundy. "They'll dial up the blitz and bring different pressures."
The Cowboys are bracing for defensive pressure unlike any they've seen this season in their preparations for Texas A&M.
"They blitz a lot," said OSU coach Mike Gundy. "They'll dial up the blitz and bring different pressures. They still have No. 40 (Von Miller) who's a good pass rusher.
Videoview all videos
Sep 23OSU place kicker Dan Bailey ranks 8th in the country in...
Sep 23Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy talks about the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"It'll be a little different for our group. We haven't seen lots of blitzes to this point. We'll see a considerable number more in this game."
Miller, a senior, is tied for eighth on the Big 12 career sacks list with 22 1/2. A first-team All-American a year ago, he led the nation with 17 sacks.
Miller's backup, freshman Damontre Moore, actually leads A&M this season with three sacks to go along with three forced fumbles.
The Aggies rank No. 10 nationally in total defense, allowing 255.7 yards per game.
OSU's defense will get a boost from the return of tackle Shane Jarka, who hasn't played since suffering a knee injury in the opener against Washington State.
Jarka has been practicing and likely could have played against Tulsa, if needed.
Gundy said Jarka should be back near 100 percent for A&M.
"That's helps out a lot," said Chris Donaldson, the other starting tackle. "His presence makes me feel more comfortable. He has been playing with me since I got here. It is always me and him out there on the field, so we have a pretty good bond."
Several Cowboys will travel to Tulsa's St. Francis Hospital today for a visit to the pediatric cancer unit.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified