Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Jurick’s biggest impact could come on defense, as he averaged 9.5 blocked shots a game in helping Chattanooga State to a 24-7 record and its first ever appearance in the National Junior College Athletic Association tournament appearance. Jurick nearly averaged a triple-double, also averaging 10.5 points and 12.6 rebounds and was named second-team All-American. “He brings with him a great physical presence that we were needing,” said Cowboys coach Travis Ford. “He’s one of the premier shot blockers in the country, but he also has the ability to score around the basket. “He will most certainly help us on both ends of the court.” A product of East Ridge High in Chattanooga, Jurick originally signed with Tennessee, before leaving after redshirting there during the 2008-09 season.
Oklahoma State signs 6-foot-11 center Philip Jurick
For all the excitement over Oklahoma State’s latest basketball recruiting class, one thing was missing: a big man.The Cowboys filled that void Monday, signing 6-foot-11 center Philip Jurick out of Chattanooga State Community College. Jurick joins LeBryan Nash and Cezar Guerrero in OSU’s current class of signees.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law