Share “Oklahoma State University student died of...”

Oklahoma State University student died of drug, alcohol poisoning, autopsy shows

An Oklahoma State University student who was found unresponsive in his bedroom in October died of alcohol and heroin poisoning, according to a medical examiner's report. David W. Brumfield, 22, died Oct. 15 after his roommate found him unresponsive and called police.
by Silas Allen Modified: January 24, 2013 at 7:16 pm •  Published: January 23, 2013
Advertisement

— An Oklahoma State University student who was found unresponsive in his bedroom in October died of alcohol and heroin poisoning, according to a medical examiner's report.

David W. Brumfield, 22, died Oct. 15 at an Oklahoma City hospital after his roommate found him unresponsive in his room the day before and called police.

An autopsy report released Wednesday by the state medical examiner's office lists the probable cause of death as anoxic encephalopathy due to alcohol and heroin toxicity. Anoxic encephalopathy is a condition where not enough oxygen reaches the brain.

Brumfield, of Plano, Texas, was a junior and an animal science major in OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.

He was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity.

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.
by Silas Allen
General Assignment/Breaking News Reporter
Silas Allen is a news reporter for The Oklahoman. He is a Missouri native and a 2008 graduate of the University of Missouri.
+ show more


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Bad idea Halloween costume: Couple dresses in blackface as Ray Rice, wife
  2. 2
    Former OU cornerback Jamell Fleming rises from scout team to starter with Kansas City Chiefs
  3. 3
    Former Sooners DT Gerald McCoy signs 7-year, $98 million extension
  4. 4
    OSU Uni-Watch: Old-school Cowboy on the helmet for Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia
  5. 5
    Cape Times | IOL.co.za
+ show more