Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls cap tough week with rout of Weber State
Young players get some much-needed playing time as OSU rolls to 101-49 victory.
STILLWATER — Emotions were high, and hearts were heavy at Oklahoma State this week, with the school remembering four lives lost in the tragic plane crash one year ago.
And nowhere was it felt more than inside the Cowgirl basketball locker room.
“You could kind of see the emotions in the eyes of our players at the beginning of the week,” coach Jim Littell said. “They were very aware of what this week was about.”
But through the draining seven days, featuring touching remembrances and rehashed memories, OSU remained focused on basketball.
And it showed Sunday afternoon, when the Cowgirls dominated Weber State 101-49 in their most complete performance of the early season.
It started right away, with OSU jumping to a quick 16-2 lead, and continued from there.
Leading 56-24 at halftime, the Cowgirls were able to get young players some needed playing time.
Ten Cowgirls played. And all 10 Cowgirls scored at least four points.
“That's good for our basketball team, that's good for the morale of our players,” Littell said. “Just getting some young players those minutes is going to pay off for us.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister