Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls cap tough week with rout of Weber State
Young players get some much-needed playing time as OSU rolls to 101-49 victory.
Then they took a comfortable seat on the bench, watching LaShawn Jones, the duo's young backup, dominate the rest of the game.
Jones had a career-high 18 points and eight rebounds.
“It was really good to get some of the other players in,” Keller said. “You always get really excited when they score. And of course (Jones), she had an amazing game today. She's gonna be a good player.”
Now 3-0, the Cowgirls are ranked 22nd in the country and one game into a favorable six-game homestand. So spirits are high, despite a draining week.
“Any time that you can get on the court and have the opportunity to play, I think that helps the emotional makeup of our team,” Littell said. “It's been a tough week, tough couple days, but I'm proud of the way the kids hung together and endured difficult times.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in