Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls cap tough week with rout of Weber State
Young players get some much-needed playing time as OSU rolls to 101-49 victory.
Then they took a comfortable seat on the bench, watching LaShawn Jones, the duo's young backup, dominate the rest of the game.
Jones had a career-high 18 points and eight rebounds.
“It was really good to get some of the other players in,” Keller said. “You always get really excited when they score. And of course (Jones), she had an amazing game today. She's gonna be a good player.”
Now 3-0, the Cowgirls are ranked 22nd in the country and one game into a favorable six-game homestand. So spirits are high, despite a draining week.
“Any time that you can get on the court and have the opportunity to play, I think that helps the emotional makeup of our team,” Littell said. “It's been a tough week, tough couple days, but I'm proud of the way the kids hung together and endured difficult times.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction