Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls fail to handle adversity, lack execution
OSU coach Jim Littell: “We played pretty well for 17 minutes. And then we had a little adversity and did not handle adversity. That's what disappoints me about our basketball team.”
Videoview all videos
Feb 10Nicole Griffin dominated in the post, scoring a game-high...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
And it made a 31-28 halftime deficit feel like a lot more.
“We just kind of came into halftime looking like we were getting killed,” OSU guard Brittney Martin said, “and, really, we weren't down by that many points. We needed to come back and play our game, and we didn't.”
Conversely, OU (18-5, 8-3) found its stroke in the second half, drilling six of its nine three-point attempts and outscoring the Cowgirls by 16 points en route to the easy victory.
“They played with great energy and enthusiasm,” Littell said of OU. “There's a lot of kids that experienced a lot of success within their program, and I think their leadership showed.
“They kind of saw that we were on a (tough) run, and they took it to us.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister