Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls fail to handle adversity, lack execution
OSU coach Jim Littell: “We played pretty well for 17 minutes. And then we had a little adversity and did not handle adversity. That's what disappoints me about our basketball team.”
NORMAN — Jim Littell could easily pinpoint when the first Bedlam showdown of the season got away from Oklahoma State.
The three-minute mark of the first half.
Videoview all videos
Feb 10Nicole Griffin dominated in the post, scoring a game-high...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma didn't go on any extended run to create an insurmountable deficit for the Cowgirls.
But that was when OU took the lead — and kept it for good — in what eventually turned into an 80-61 runaway victory for the Sooners at Lloyd Noble Center.
“We played pretty well for 17 minutes,” Littell said. “And then we had a little adversity and did not handle adversity. That's what disappoints me about our basketball team.”
After two free throws by Joanna McFarland gave No. 23 OU a 27-26 lead with 3:03 to go before the break, the Cowgirls' offense went cold, scoring just two points the rest of the half.
Not because of a lack of opportunities, but because of a lack of execution.
OSU (16-6 overall, 5-6 Big 12) missed four layups before the break, including two by Tiffany Bias, who finished 2-of-14 from the floor.
“Maybe (we) saw someone out of the corner of our eye or whatever,” Littell said. “But when you play a good team on their home floor like OU is, you've got to make easy shots.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond