Oklahoma State women's basketball: LaNesha Middleton is coming home to face Cowgirls
Former Stillwater High School star — and daughter of OSU men's assistant Steve Middleton — plays for Stephen F. Austin.
No. 16 Oklahoma State vs. Stephen F. Austin
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena
Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
“With the help of the coaches, I've been able to really make a lot of progress,” she said. “I think I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with myself out there on the court.”
Though she's been away, she's kept tabs on the Cowboys' hot start and was in the house for their contest against South Florida on Wednesday night.
And when she comes out of the locker room Thursday to play the Cowgirls, LaNesha expects it to be an emotional experience.
“It's kind of the point where all my work has paid off,” she said. “I get to play in Gallagher-Iba, one of the most historic and best sports arenas in the nation. Get to play against a top-ranked OSU (team).
“It's definitely one of those moments where I'm really going to savor and remember it for a while, and cherish.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena