Oklahoma State women's basketball: Senior Toni Young says Cowgirls can compete with league's elite
Texas Tech at No. 13 Oklahoma State
* When: 7 p.m. Wednesday
* Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena, Stillwater
* TV: None
* Radio: KXXY-FM 96.1
I think so. Last year was a huge setback for me. But I've put in a lot of work, my coaches and teammates have kept me going and I think it's starting to show now. On the offensive end, I feel like I could be a step better than I was (before the injury). Rebounding, I still need to get back to where I was. And I think I can, there's still work to do.
Looking toward Big 12 play, the last conference season of your career, are you excited?
I am excited. It's kind of bittersweet because it means my years of playing in college are coming to an end. But I'm excited to step up the competition and play some good teams.
Are you confident you can compete with the elite teams in the conference?
I think we can. We have a great team. We may not be big, and have a lot of size, but we fight to the end and don't give up. We don't let anyone tell us what we can't do. We just have to push past all the negative comments about how small we are.
What's the thing this team needs to improve on most heading into Big 12?
Just staying confident the whole game, every game. Our team is a great team, but we don't always stay as focused as we need to be. But our players are great and can play for any of the best teams in the conference and around the nation. We just need to believe in ourselves that we can compete.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?