Oklahoma State wrestling: Top-ranked Cowboys rout Illinois at National Duals
Oklahoma State will face Missouri at 1 p.m. Saturday in the semifinals. All of OSU's ranked wrestlers win vs. Illini.
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Top-ranked Oklahoma State did not suffer any upsets and cruised to a 33-3 victory over Illinois on Friday night at the National Wrestling Coaches Association Duals Championships. OSU (16-0) will face Missouri at 1 p.m. Saturday in the semifinals at Williams Arena. Missouri advanced with a 28-6 win over Ohio State.
Illinois led Friday's dual early as 125-pounder Jesse Delgado trimmed the Cowboys' Eddie Klimara 4-3. It was all OSU from there. All of the Cowboys' ranked wrestlers won, including top-ranked Jordan Oliver at 149 pounds. Oliver pinned No. 19 Caleb Ervin in 58 seconds. No. 2 Chris Perry (174 pounds) and third-ranked Tyler Caldwell (165) won by decision. Alan Gelogaev, No. 3 at heavyweight, won by major decision.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister