MORE FROM NEWSOK
• 2002: Roberta Scheaffer, 51, of El Reno hit a horse on State Highway 66 in Canadian County. She was wearing a seatbelt and pinned in the car. She later died of her injuries.
• 2003: Carter Dale Calvin, 36, died after hitting a horse in Choctaw County, according to Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
• 2003: Jason W. Hickey, 23, of Turpin died when the car he in which he was riding hit a cow on U.S. 64 east of Forgan.
• 2004: Michael Aron Lewis, 18, died on State Highway 8 near the Ames blacktop. He tried to avoid horses in the road and was thrown from his car.
• 2005: Victoria T. Young, 56, of Shawnee died after her car struck a horse standing in the road.
• 2005: Charles Ray Nevill, 66, of Clarksville, Texas, died near Idabel after his car struck two horses.
• 2005: Tabitha Dannielle Chaffin, 22, of Beaver died on a Beaver County road after hitting a cow.
• 2006: Joseph Andrew Gilmore, 28, of Vinita died after his car hit a horse in the highway east of Delaware on State Highway 28.