Oklahoma wildfires: Volunteers help pick up the pieces
The Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma volunteers clean up ash from 100 homes in Noble area.
Videoview all videos
Aug 14Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief volunteers...
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“You know you are breathing that; you're wearing that. It doesn't take much, and you've got it all over you,” he said. “… most of those sites, the homes are totally destroyed, and you've got this remnant of trees all around there.”
One of the biggest concerns for the chain-saw team is taking down trees that are a potential hazard for ash cleanup volunteers and residents when they come back to rebuild or to sift through the debris, Russell said.
“Our goal is to come in and maybe give them a little bit of hope in the darkness,” he said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister