Oklahoma wildlife officials preparing for 2013 Bassmaster Classic
Outdoors Notebook: Special antlerless deer season opens Friday; Bass record for Prague Lake; Time to see the bald eagles
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma's “Holiday Antleress Deer Gun Season” opens Friday and runs through Dec. 30.
The special antlerless gun season is closed in most of southeastern Oklahoma and the Panhandle. Be sure to check the state hunting guide for boundaries.
Deer archery season remains open through Jan. 15.
Bass record for Prague Lake
State wildlife officials have certified a new largemouth bass record at Prague Lake.
Norm Bekoff of Oklahoma City caught the 11.1-pound new lake record in October.
Time to see the bald eagles
Eagle watches are now under way across the state.
Each winter, as northern lakes freeze, thousands of bald eagles migrate south to the warmer waters of Oklahoma.
State wildlife officials say as many as 1,500 bald eagles may gather each winter in Oklahoma.
Organized eagle tours are scheduled at several lakes, state parks and national wildlife refuges in Oklahoma during the winter.
To view a map of sites and dates of eagle tours, visit www.wildlifedepartment.com and click on the link to “Birds and Bats.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims