Oklahoma woman in high-rise death case rejects plea deal
TULSA (AP) — A 21-year-old Tulsa woman has rejected a plea deal that would send her to prison for five years for the death of her husband who fell from the window of a high-rise apartment complex.
NewsOK Related Articles
Amber Hilberling declined Friday to plead no contest to second-degree murder for the June 2011 death of Joshua Hilberling. Joshua Hilberling died after falling from the 25th floor window to the roof of a parking garage 17 floors below.
Prosecutors say Amber Hilberling pushed her husband out the window. Hilberling says her husband fell and that the building had dangerously thin windows.
Hilberling faces 10 years to life in prison if convicted. She remains jailed with jury selection for her trial to start Monday in Tulsa County District Court.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims