Oklahoma women's basketball: Aaryn Ellenberg's 25 points help OU defeat Texas Tech
Nicole Griffin contributes 10 points, 10 rebounds, four assists and six blocked shots.
LUBBOCK, Texas — Oklahoma clinched third place in the Big 12 standings Monday with its 77-73 women's basketball win at Texas Tech.
Aaryn Ellenberg scored 25 points, and Nicole Griffin pulled down a game-best 10 rebounds as OU improved to 21-9 overall and 11-7 in the Big 12. The Sooners will play an opponent-to-be-named at 8:30 p.m. Saturday in the Big 12 Tournament.
The Sooners shot a sizzling 55.8 percent from the field and sank 11 of 12 free throws. OU also hit 8 of 18 attempts from 3-point territory. Griffin added 10 points, four assists and six blocks.
All contributed to Oklahoma winning a tight game that featured 17 lead changes, including 16 in the second half.
Christine Hyde had 22 points, and Chynna Brown had 21 for Texas Tech (21-9, 11-7).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law