Oklahoma women's basketball: Former Sapulpa star Alyssia Brewer helps UCLA stun No. 11-ranked Oklahoma
Brewer collects 15 points and a game-high 16 rebounds as 4,184 fans at Lloyd Noble Center watch Bruins dominate in the paint.
Ellenberg finished with a game-high 24 points. She added two rebounds, three assists and one steal. But the Bruins countered with Brewer and Nyingifa (10 total rebounds) and Markel Walker, who finished with a team-best 16 points.
Oklahoma tries to get back on track at 2 p.m. Sunday against Saint Louis in Lloyd Noble Center.
Until then, Coale and the Sooners will have to stew over UCLA's dominance in the paint, where the Bruins outscored OU 46-24.
“I'm disappointed with our effort and our response to the physical play,” Coale said. “You can't let them knock you down, roll around out of bounds and wonder why it happened. You have to be tougher. Throw them out of the way. Respond.
“It happened in post. It happened on the wings. It happened with the ballhandler and, obviously, it happened rebounding. We have to be tougher.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort