Oklahoma women's basketball notebook: Whitney Hand has 4 steals in exhibition win; Lyndsey Cloman's career over
Photoview all 11 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
NEWCOMERS CHIP IN
Newcomers Nicole Kornet, Maddie Manning and Portia Durrett all played Thursday.
Kornet finished with 14 points, eight rebounds and had three steals. Manning had nine points and eight rebounds.
Durrett, a junior transfer from Walters State (Tenn.), had the most minutes of the newcomers with 25. She scored 16 points and added six rebounds and three steals.
THE ROYAL JONES FAMILY
During a timeout late in the first half, a video played featuring clips of things the Sooners did during the offseason.
The video superimposed the athletes' heads onto others' bodies. It took fans through a summer vacation at the beach, snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia on their summer trip and running onto the court before the exhibition game.
The clip that got the loudest cheers, though, was one that superimposed the faces of Oklahoma senior Whitney Hand and her husband, Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones, onto the bodies of Prince William and Kate Middleton on their wedding day.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort