Oklahoma women's basketball: OU senior Joanna McFarland says, 'I want to show everybody that this is not over'
McFarland said remaining Sooners want to honor injured teammates by playing hard, winning games
When you hear people say the season is over, does that make you mad or motivate you?
“It's a little bit of both, because I guess anger is motivation. It's a reason to fight, to prove people wrong.”
What challenges does UC-Riverside present?
“We just went to our first meeting, and we didn't know much about them, but they look like they play hard. They have a couple really good shooters. It's gonna be all about sticking to the game plan and making sure we're aware of where they are at all times.”
How important will it be to build some momentum in these last two nonconference games?
“We need to have some kind of spark going into the break, and then afterward going into conference play. When you're in Big 12, it's rough. Every team is good; every team is tough. You have two games a week. It's hard, and we need something that'll get us ready for it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area