Oklahoma women's basketball: Portia Durrett records double-double in OU's win over Cal State Northridge
Portia Durrett delivered in a big way with her first Division I double-double to guide No. 18 Oklahoma to a 79-57 victory over Cal State Northridge in the Lloyd Noble Center to finish out nonconference play.
NORMAN — Portia Durrett found her comfort level.
The 6-foot-1 junior-college transfer had struggled to slow the game down to start the season.
But she rediscovered her rhythm off the bench Saturday.
Once that happened, Durrett delivered in a big way with her first Division I double-double to guide No. 18 Oklahoma to a 79-57 victory over Cal State Northridge in the Lloyd Noble Center to finish out nonconference play.
Durrett scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds off the bench for the Sooners, providing a spark with senior Joanna McFarland in foul trouble.
“I definitely got comfortable in the second half,” Durrett said. “Once I saw my teammates going in the first half, it was like I got to keep it going.”
Along with Durrett's outburst, OU's Aaryn Ellenberg remained hot with a game-high 24 points. Nicole Griffin and Sharane Campbell added 11 and 10 points, respectively.
The second half saw the Sooners (10-2) build a 32-point lead, making Cal State Northridge (6-5) look nothing like the team that recently beat UCLA, a team that beat OU in November.
“They are a better basketball team than they appeared to be today,” Oklahoma coach Sherri Coale said. “Obviously, they live and die by that 3 ball a lot, but we rushed their 3s and took their first options away, and that created some of that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates