Oklahoma women's basketball: Sooners coach Sherri Coale adds two volleyball players to depleted roster
Tara Dunn, Eden Williams bring some basketball experience, though they will not see much court time. They add depth to a roster shredded by injuries.
Dunn (6-foot-2) and Williams (5-3) will play forward and guard, respectively. Both played basketball all four years of high school.
Dunn, from Poth, Texas, will wear jersey No. 43 and be classified a redshirt freshman.
An outside hitter on the OU volleyball squad, Dunn second on the team with 245 kills during the 2012 season.
Williams, a native of Amarillo, Texas, will wear jersey No. 33 and be considered a redshirt sophomore. The defensive specialist played in every set of every volleyball match.
The 2012 Sooner volleyball team qualified for the NCAA Tournament for the fourth consecutive season; OU's season ended Dec. 1, when it lost a second-round match to BYU in three sets.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit