Oklahoma women's basketball: Sooners dominate early, cruise past Saint Louis
OU jumped to a 19-0 lead and never looked back, improving to 2-1 on the season.
OU outmuscled the Billikens under the glass, finishing with 37 boards to Saint Louis' 25. The defense improved on its pressure underneath the rim from a week ago when OU was out-rebounded 56-34 in the loss to UCLA, something that the Sooners said they wanted to fix during Sunday's matchup.
“That was why we lost on Wednesday, and so it was a big emphasis in this game,” senior guard Whitney Hand said. “(Saint Louis) only had eight offensive rebounds, which was much better. We only gave up 33 points and won the rebounding battle, which were things we needed to care of before heading to Hawaii.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates