Oklahoma women's basketball: Whitney Hand tears ACL in Sooners' win over North Texas
Whitney Hand left for an MRI at halftime of the Sooners' gritty 71-68 win over North Texas.
Photoview all 19 photos
The Sooners took a lead they would not relinquish when Griffin hit two foul shots with 2:57 left.
Oklahoma (8-1) is now shockingly diminished to just eight healthy players on its roster. If Hand's injury is indeed season ending, it would be the team's fourth.
Freshman guard Maddie Manning tore the ACL in her right knee last week; veteran Lyndsey Cloman chose to end her career because of a lingering back injury in early November; and sophomore Kaylon Williams ruptured her Achilles tendon during the preseason.
OU is off until Sunday, Dec. 16, a home game against Vanderbilt.
“It should end better for this kid. It should just end better,” Coale said of Hand. “We don't know why; it's not our place to guess or even speculate. In the deepest part of your heart you just want it to end better for her.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community