Oklahoma wrecks claim two lives, highway patrol and police report
Carl M. Grometer, 33, of Oswego, Ill., died Friday at the scene from massive injuries at a Craig County collision, trooper say. Oklahoma City police released the name of a man killed in a Wednesday collision.
Authorities reported a fatality accident Friday and released the identity of a man killed in a collision Wednesday in Oklahoma City.
Carl M. Grometer, 33, Oswego, Ill.
An Illinois man died in a collision about 4:30 a.m. Friday on the Will Rogers Turnpike in Craig County.
Grometer was pinned in his car for 30 minutes and died at the scene from massive injuries, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
He apparently was sleepy and ran his car into the back of a travel trailer being pulled by a pickup as the pickup slowed to exit at the Big Cabin off ramp, the patrol reports.
The pickup driver, Sean Cosper, 42, of Chouteau, was not injured, the patrol reports.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
Bradly Ingraham, 22, Noble
Ingraham died Wednesday afternoon when the box truck he was driving collided head on with a garbage truck, Oklahoma City police report.
The accident occurred near NW 150 and N Western Avenue. Ingraham died at the scene
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena