1. “The Pact” (2009) by Jodi Picoult.
This story is about a suicide pact between two teenagers that leaves two devastated families desperate for answers, and what they ultimately find out about their children.
2. “Unbroken” (2010) by Laura Hillenbrand.
This is a World War II story about an Army Air Force lieutenant who was an Olympic runner before the war, and of his journey when he crashed his bomber into the Pacific.
3. “The Stork Reality” (2012) by Oklahoman Malena Lott.
A career-driven woman who hadn't planned to have kids discovers she's pregnant on the same day her maternally focused best friend finds out she's not.
4. “The Devil in the White City” (2004) by Erik Larson.
Murder, magic and madness at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago is recounted.
5. “Hunting License” (2012) by Oklahoman Shannon Forth.
This the story of Simms Mitchell, former religious cult profiler for the FBI, and now a wealthy lawyer on the trail of a serial killer.
6. “In the Still of the Night” (2010) by Ann Rule.
The strange death of Ronda Reynolds and her mother's search for the truth are the basis of this.
7. “The Last Resort” (2012) by Malena Lott.
This is a great beach read, a fantastic summer-by-the-pool book to lounge in the sun with.
We are asking readers periodically to give us their recommended reading lists. This list was submitted by Cyndy Hoenig, senior partner of Pure PR in Oklahoma City.
Want to share your list? Email featuresdesk@