Oklahomans love 2 text, study finds
The average Oklahoma cell phone user sends and receives more than 600 messages a month, a rate equaled in just six other states, according to a recent Nielsen survey.
Blacks use the most voice minutes — on average more than 1,300 a month, Nielsen found. Hispanics are the next most talkative group, chatting an average of 826 minutes a month. Even Asians/Pacific Islanders, with 692 average monthly minutes, talk more than whites, who use roughly 647 voice minutes a month.
The voice and text results were compiled from one year (April 2009-March 2010) of mobile usage data gathered by the The Nielsen Co., which analyzes the cell phone bills of more than 60,000 U.S. mobile subscribers each month.
Morgan said cell phone usage for voice, text and data is growing rapidly in Oklahoma and across the nation.
"The demand is incredible," he said. "It doesn't matter where you are, people are wanting it."
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in