Oklahoma’s been whupped before, but we’re winning, and people are taking notice
‘The Outsiders’ talked of Greasers and Socs; Oklahoma has storms and weight issues. After years of battling, the truth is the gift: It does matter.
A little more than two years before statehood a violent twister left 97 dead in its path and ravaged areas including the community of Snyder. Less than two years after the end of World II, a wide, violent tornado shredded its way through the Texas Panhandle and into northwest Oklahoma, killing 116 people and leaving devastation in areas of communities, including Woodward.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation