Oklahoma's Pioneer Library System names 'Old School' as Big Read selection
The Pioneer Library System, based in Norman and serving Cleveland, McClain and Pottawatomie counties, is sponsoring workshops for high school teachers and offering lesson plans and a mentoring program to promote this year's Big Read selection, Tobias Wolff's book “Old School.”
During her tenure, Ballard was named the Norman Public Schools Teacher of the Year, was recognized as a distinguished teacher by the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars and received numerous state, regional and national teaching awards.
Ballard will conduct a workshop for participating teachers to introduce the lessons from the National Endowment for the Arts.
All public, private and homeschool educators working in Cleveland, McClain and Pottawatomie counties are eligible to participate. Applications are available at public libraries in Blanchard, McLoud, Moore, Newcastle, Noble, Norman, Purcell, Shawnee, southwest Oklahoma City and Tecumseh. Completed applications are due Oct. 19.
For more information, call Kramer at 701-2646 or go to www.bigreadok.com.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments