Old Germany Restaurant stays true to its name
Is Old Germany Restaurant worth the roughly half-hour drive to Choctaw? Only if you want authentic German food from classic Old World recipes, friendly service and a wide selection of German beer.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Closed on Sunday and Monday
The week right after Labor Day, Old Germany sponsors their own massive four-day Oktoberfest, which they started in 1991 on the restaurant grounds.
Now it is held in conjunction with the City of Choctaw on a covered pavilion in the city park.
About 50,000 people came to last year's Oktoberfest, said Mike Turek. Chef Wolff made 6,000 pounds of potato salad and 3,000 pounds of sausages.
"And (we served) numerous kegs of beer, of course," Turek added.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena