Old medical offices are being renovated into Edmond city offices
Edmond city employees are moving out of the administration building at 23 First St. and moving into what was once a medical office building. City officials also purchased a building for the information technology department.
Videoview all videos
Jan 8Edmond city employees are moving out of the...
Photoview all photos
Work stations being built for the downtown rented space can be moved once a permanent location is found for the financial and human resources departments.
Also in the works
A building at the southwest corner of Danforth Road and Broadway will be the new, permanent home of 16 information technology employees and more than $1 million worth of technology equipment.
City officials purchased the 6,240-square-foot building at 1273 N Broadway for $869,325. The building, constructed in 2008, was not finished out when the city made the purchase, said Kevin Carr, information technology director.
Information technology employees and all of the city's equipment are now in three locations throughout the city.
A safe room is being constructed inside the building where all the servers and core network switches will be located.
“All of the equipment will be here inside a concrete safe room inside a concrete building,” Carr said. “This will be the safest place in Edmond.
“It is really cool. We are really looking forward to it.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction