Old-school Vegas show "Jubilee!" will be revamped

Published on NewsOK Modified: January 3, 2014 at 4:41 pm •  Published: January 3, 2014
Advertisement
;

LAS VEGAS (AP) — "Jubilee!", the campy Las Vegas show with elaborate sequined costumes, chorus boys and, of course, showgirls, will close on Jan. 30 for a complete makeover.

The show at Bally's Las Vegas hotel-casino is expected to reopen with a more contemporary feel in March, under the direction of Frank Gatson Jr.

The show opened in 1981 under the direction of choreographer Donn Arden, an old-school showman credited with helping invent the Las Vegas showgirl.

Gatson Jr. claims responsibility for developing the hand gesture from Beyonce's "Single Ladies" music video. He was nominated for a Grammy last year for co-directing Beyoncé's "I am . Tour," and has won six MTV Video Music Awards for best choreography.

"It has been amazing getting to know the cast and crew of 'Jubilee!', who night after night bring the idea of an amazing Vegas show to life for thousands around the world to see," Gatson said in a statement. "I am excited to continue working with our existing cast and crew, as well as new singers and dancers I hope to find over the coming weeks, to modernize Donn Arden's masterpiece."



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    10 Most Popular Wedding 'First Dance' Songs
  2. 2
    Psychologists Studied the Most Uptight States in America, and Found a Striking Pattern
  3. 3
    Facebook Post Saves Drowning Teen
  4. 4
    Saturday's front page of the New York Times sports section is simple: LeBron James and transactions
  5. 5
    The 19th-century health scare that told women to worry about "bicycle face"
+ show more